Goa, a paradise on the western coast of India, is often synonymous with beaches, parties, and nightlife. However, there’s a lot more to this charming state than meets the eye, especially when you’re travelling with kids. From the sunny shores to the lush greenery, Goa is a Gold mine of experiences that will delight both kids and adults alike. Whether you’re seeking adventure, history, culture, or simply some quality family time, Goa has it all. In this article, we’ll explore some of the best things to do with kids in Goa, including exciting activities, family-friendly attractions, and some hidden gems that will make your family vacation truly unforgettable.
Goa offers a range of activities that are sure to keep children of all ages entertained. From water sports and wildlife sanctuaries to museums and spice plantations, there is something for everyone to enjoy in this vibrant and colourful state. In this article, we will explore some of the best things to do in Goa with kids and provide tips to help you plan a safe and enjoyable trip for the whole family.
Super cool and action-packed things to do in Goa with kids
By following these safety tips, you can ensure that your trip to Goa with kids is both fun and safe. As with any travel destination, it is always better to err on the side of caution and be prepared for any situation.
Travelling with kids can be both exciting and challenging, but Goa offers a range of fun and engaging activities for families to enjoy together. Here are some super cool things you can do in Goa while travelling with kids:
Visit the Beaches: Goa is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in India, and kids will love playing in the sand and swimming in the sea. Some popular family-friendly beaches in Goa include:
Water Sports: Goa is also known for its water sports, including banana boat rides, jet skiing, and parasailing. Many of the beaches offer these activities, and kids will love the thrill of riding the waves.
Visit Wildlife Sanctuaries: Goa is home to a range of wildlife sanctuaries, where kids can see exotic birds, monkeys, and other animals in their natural habitats. Some popular wildlife sanctuaries in Goa include;
Bondla Wildlife Sanctuary
Cotigao Wildlife Sanctuary
Visit Museums and Galleries: Goa has a rich cultural and artistic heritage, and kids can learn about it by visiting museums and galleries, such as:
The Mario Miranda Gallery
The Museum of Goa
Visit Water Parks: Goa has several water parks that offer a range of water-based rides and attractions. Some popular water parks in Goa include:
Blue Whale Water Park
Visit Spice Plantations: Goa is known for its spice plantations, and kids will love learning about the different spices and how they are grown. Some popular spice plantations in Goa include.
The Sahakari Spice Farm
Take a Dolphin Tour: Goa is home to a large population of dolphins, and kids will love seeing them up close on a dolphin tour. These tours are available in several locations, including Panjim and Calangute Beach.
Safety tips while travelling with kids:
Goa is generally considered a safe destination for families with kids. However, like any other tourist destination, it is important to take certain precautions to ensure the safety and well-being of your children.
Here are some tips to help you ensure a safe and enjoyable trip to Goa with kids:
- Be Vigilant: Keep an eye on your children at all times, especially in crowded places such as beaches and markets. Do not leave them unattended, and make sure they know who to approach if they need help.
- Choose Safe Accommodation: Select family-friendly accommodation options that have good reviews and are in safe neighbourhoods. It is also a good idea to check the safety features of your accommodation, such as locks on doors and windows.
- Follow Safety Rules for Water Sports: If you plan to engage in water sports with your children, make sure you follow all safety rules and wear appropriate safety gear. Choose reputable operators and check their safety records before booking.
- Stay Hydrated: Goa can get very hot and humid, so it is important to keep your children hydrated at all times. Carry water bottles with you and make sure your children drink enough fluids throughout the day.
- Use Sunscreen: Goa has strong sunlight, and it is important to protect your children’s skin from sunburn. Use sunscreen with a high SPF rating and reapply it frequently.
- Avoid Late Night Outings: It is generally not recommended to take children out late at night in unfamiliar areas, especially in crowded places where it can be difficult to keep an eye on them. Stick to daytime activities and plan your outings accordingly.
In a nutshell
Goa is a land of endless possibilities when it comes to family fun and adventure. From the tranquil beaches to the bustling markets, from the lush greenery to the vibrant culture, there’s something for everyone in this charming state.
Whether you’re seeking to create cherished family memories, bond with your loved ones, or simply indulge in some super cool activities, Goa has got you covered. So, pack your bags, grab your kids, and get ready for an unforgettable journey of discovery and excitement. Whether you’re exploring the backwaters, riding an elephant, or simply soaking in the sun, Goa is sure to leave you and your kids with memories to cherish for a lifetime.