Do you plan on flying to Goa anytime soon? Well, the Airport Authority of India (AAI) recently issued new guidelines and quarantine instructions for passengers this week.
The AAI has made 14 days quarantine compulsory. Passengers can either opt for a home quarantine or a paid institutional quarantine for 14 days. Besides the usual enforced thermal screening at airports, compulsory Covid-19 testing will be done for all symptomatic passengers.
Goa opened its doors for domestic tourists more than a month ago, on July 2, after around 250 hotels were granted permission from the government to begin operations. Several guidelines were already in place initially, however, these new comes as updated guidelines for domestic air travel.
One can, however, skip the compulsory home quarantine if you follow the below-listed guidelines:
- If you are able to produce a Covid-19 negative certificate that has been issued by an Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) recognised lab, not older than 48 hours from your travel to Goa.
- One can also opt for a swab test at the cost of Rs 2000/- upon arrival and later maintain either paid institutional or home quarantine until the results come.
The AAI has also listed guidelines for passengers choosing to opt for a home quarantine facility.
- The new guidelines mandate that pre-booking of the accommodation, i.e. hotels is mandatory. Moreover, only those registered with the Department of Tourism are allowed.
- This pre-booking of your stay will be checked at all entry-points, and furthermore, those exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 will be tested at the tourist’s costs.
- The authorities will also check that your booking is done with the registered accommodations and the validity of the booking for the entire duration of your stay.
If any passenger is asymptomatic, one can choose from three options available as per the latest guidelines the airport authority.
- Mandatory 14 days home quarantine, and for any reason, if you do not have any accommodation, then you can choose for an institutional quarantine, at your cost though.
- You can even opt for a swab test on arrival for Rs 2000/- while being in paid quarantine until the results arrive.
- Or lastly, to save your time upon arrival, by carrying a valid COVID-19 negative certificate from an ICMR recognised lab with 48-hour validity for the report.
Additionally, you will also have to fill a self-declaration form at the respective accommodations for any contact tracing if needed. One also needs to regularly certify their health through the Aarogya Setu app.
If any passenger reports Covid-19 positive upon being tested in Goa, due protocol laid down by the state health department will be followed. Also, all costs of the Covid-19 isolation or quarantine facility will have to be borne by the respective tourists.